I thought that this post would be good to make to see my progress now that we are half way through the year! At the very beginning I set some challenges for myself so I am going to see how many of those I have completed so far as well as some other things!
So I set out my challenges in a post you can find here in case you missed it!
I have read 15 books so far! This is over my goal for the year *yay*
This is everything I have read so far:
Here are the challenges I have set for myself:
Read at least 12 books
- Read a book that isn’t fantasy (like I always read)
Finish a series Read at least 2 2nd books in a series (I am literally the WORST for starting a series and then never picking up the 2nd book)
- Read at least 2 books that have been on my shelves for over a year
- Finish the Caster Chronicles
- Join in with a Read-a-long
Read something that isn’t YA
I have completed 4/8 so I would say that I am doing quite well!
I also said that I was going to read sequels and not really start any new series this year, lets see how well I have done with that…:
Sequels Read: 7 (I am including any book in a series that isn’t the first book)
Series Finished: 1
Series Started: 7… ummm oops? So much for only trying to finish series! (1 including the book I am reading now)
This is my Top 3 this year so far…
- Red Sister (Is this a shock to anybody right now?! Grey Sister is also included in this so I can use another spot for another book)
- State of Sorrow
- Winter (basically this whole series but Cress and Winter were the best ones for me)
I’m just going to mention some cool book/blogging things that have happened so far this year:
- I went to my first book signing since I was 12 to see Melinda Salisbury and Alice Broadway which was amazing
- I am now part of the Northern Bloggers which is fab and they are lovely
- I am in the acknowledgements of On Holy Ground by Louise Cole which is amazing but also very strange to me since I’m just a small blogger
- I met Den Patrick in Southampton a couple weeks ago and he signed my copy of Witch Sign which I have been waiting forever for it to come out
- I hit like 150+ followers on this blog and over 300 on my twitter which is a bit mental to me
So yea this is my Mid Year Wrap Up! I hope you have enjoyed. I am sorry I haven’t been around recently but hopefully that is all about to change!
I also now have a Ko-Fi page where you can virtually buy me a coffee in a way of supporting me. I have only set this up bc of personal issues I am having and you don’t have to if you don’t want to.