I thought it might be fun to look back at the book related challenges/goals I set myself for last year and see how badly I did. Because last year wasn’t exactly the best reading year for me… I didn’t even finish a book until June so I’m not expecting an awful lot. But at least we can all laugh at me together right?
So here were my goals last year:
- Read 2 books that have been on my shelf for a year
- Write more reviews! (because I really have been slacking over like the alst 6 months)
- Finish a series
- Read more Oscar Wilde
- Read at least 10 books again this year (busy with uni and work again this year)
- At least start Lord of the Rings
- Re-Read The Giver and review it for the Travelling Book Project
- Read a book from a genre I usually wouldn’t
- Empty my bookshelf a little for when I go back home
Okay so I made 5/9 of my goals which isn’t really too bad.
I read two books that have been on my shelf for over a year. These were The Invisible Library and The Night Circus.
I wrote a review for almost every book I finished last year so that one is getting a tick.
I (only just) finished 10 books.
I read a book from a genre I usually wouldn’t. For this I am choosing Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner because I would never have picked up a book about mermaids if it hadn’t been recommend by so many people.
Finally, I feel like I did empty my bookshelf a bit. I sent a few books away for ReadItSwapIt when that was a thing and I also sold some books on my Depop. (You can find it here if you like). Although, I feel like I did buy a lot more books that what I actually got rid of. But you win some you lose some!
Overall I didn’t do too bad but I could have done better. Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for achieving goals. New Year, New Me… probably not but I try and that is what counts!
Let me know in the comments if you did any better than I did with your reading goals for 2017!